I do not want to trip over my boys cleats anymore. We have some built-in shelves for them but they always end up at the bottom of the steps where they sit to take them off. My husband is threatening to throw away all the toys in the garage if we don’t tackle our problem with sports equipment storage ideas.
I researched some ideas of how to tackle all our soccer balls, cleats and tennis rackets and get it all under control. Why reinvent the wheel? Let’s see some ideas of what others are doing.
- Storage Cubes – I love this idea because it can be used for everything. Here is a super cheap version and it can be used for both sports equipment storage and tools in the garage.
2. Ball Storage – This is easy to DIY with bungee cords. It can handle all different sizes and I love that kids can get whatever ball they want without pulling everything out. We all know that if they have to pull out more than one thing at a time then everything ends up on the floor.
3. Peg boards Rock! – You can hang everything and even small kids can reach what they need. There are all sorts of ways to organize it and get sports equipment, garage tools and landscaping equipment off the floor.
4. Ski Organization – Super easy to use these vinyl coated hooks for all sorts of things like skis and snowboards. My kids are just getting into skiing and we will probably invest in equipment in the next couple years. Hooks and nails are my husbands number one tool for organizing our garage. If there isn’t a spot for it, hang it.
via Shine Your Light
5. Scooter/Skateboard Rack – Who else has hit their shins with a scooter? It hurts!! Wh have 3 scooters and 3 skateboards in our garage with our 3 kids so they need to go on the wall so we don’t trip on them.
via Organising To Make Life Easier
6. Hockey Equipment Storage Ideas – Stop letting the smelly hockey equipment take over your home. Check out these awesome hockey equipment storage ideas. My kids play hockey in my neighbors garage almost every day and need somewhere to put all the gear. Also, if you have figure skates, here is a guide to figure skating sharpening.
7. Tennis Racquet Storage Ideas – Tennis is one of my favorite sports. We play regularly. Check out these various ways to store racquets and balls. Even has a great product for table tennis.
7. Baseball Glove Storage – It is really important to properly store leather sports equipment. Check out How to Store A Baseball Glove to get some important tips to keep your gloves soft and in the right shape to use years later.
I love all of these super easy ways to organize all our gear. I have already hung more hooks in our garage. It is amazing the difference it makes to get things off the ground and hanging on the walls. I love all of these sports equipment storage ideas.
Need some other organization ideas?
8 Ridiculously Easy Toy Organization Hacks You’ll Wish You’d Known Sooner
8 Easy Ways To Organize Your Pantry
Like It? Pin it!
robin rue says
Those are all pretty awesome. My boys do karate, so it’s just a gear bag for each of them, which makes it nice for me. I just toss them in the closet and go 🙂
Sounds awesome! We used to do karate and still have some punching bags in the closet.
Jane Davidson says
Oh lordy this makes me want to go reorganize my entire garage like right……NOW! Haha! I love the peg board and cubbie ideas. Those I could use for everything!
That’s genius. Also it makes it look so organized. You did such a great job making everything so neat I just hope it stays that way for you. Boys must be something to take care of.
Lindsey Paris says
The storage cubes are GENIUS and just what my garage needs for all the chalk, helmets, accessories and camping supplies.
Cecilia C. Cannon says
I love these! the ball pit organizer too. I can’t even deal with my kids sports equipment and garage anymore. ugh
I daydream of the day when my garage can looks so neat and tidy. I blame it all on my husband because he has all his tools in there and makes it look messy .
My husband has a ton of tools too. It has helped that we built a loft in our garage so a lot of the bigger stuff can go up in the loft area.
Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh says
My OCD loves ideas like this! I want a place for every.single.thing. My girls aren’t into sports, they do dance, but we still have sports equipment, since we get in the yard and play as a family. I could see myself using several of these ideas.
Storage cubes are amazing for all those things that end up on the floor like shoes, balls, mitts, etc. My oldest is just 3yo but I’m already tripping on his stuff in the garage.
The ball storage is genius in itself! I mean – how insane is it to try to effectively store a bunch of soccer balls? And the pallet organizer is also a brilliant idea! Love these hacks!
Yes, the ball storage is the best because they don’t have to take everything out to get to the one at the bottom.
Amanda Love says
Doesn’t it feel amazing when everything’s organized! I love these storage ideas. We have quite a number of sports equipment because of my 2 boys and it would be nice to see it not scattered around the house.
I have 2 boys and a girl and the boys have so much outdoor equipment it is crazy. 🙂
Elizabeth O. says
I make sure that all our workout equipment are stored properly. My daughters and I usually take fitness classes and we have bits of equipment that we bring when we go. I think this is a cool way to store those!
I love these tips on garage organizers, As kids grow up always so much outdoor stuff that sits in garage
These are all awesome! with a house full of kids who love sports and the equipment sometimes can be overwhelming these would all be great ideas!
Cindy Ingalls says
These solutions are very clever. I especially love the ball storage and the fact that all these solutions keeps things off the floor.
Isn’t it funny how just getting things off the floor makes such a huge difference.
Tiffany Haywood says
These are such great ideas!! I am always looking for new ways to get great storage. I love the idea of the storage cubes and that ball system is genius!!
I hadn’t thought of being so organized with sports equipment! What a neat way to keep sports supplies in the house but not to make a mess.
These ideas are awesome! I just showed my husband and told him I wish our garage looked like this and was this organized. LOL.
My kids have just entered into the world of sports. I had no idea how much equipment was going to be involved. I definitely need these storage ideas!
Angela Bethea says
Thank you for sharing this helpful tips. My husband loves working out and this will help on his gym clothes.
And now I’m inspire to tackle my garage organization. That ball storage is too cool for school!
I love it! This is exactly what I need! I just need to make some extra room to do it!
Oooooso many fabulous storage ideas!!! I need to do that ball idea with all of my daughters random balls. They are just laying all over the place
Elliott Stewart says
You can find many great sports equipment storage ideas to maximize your space, keep your equipment in great condition, and make sure that everything is in its place. Use bungee cord to create ball storage .
These are such cool ideas! It’s so hard to keep all this organized while it is airing out! Thanks for sharing!
I really like that ball storage container! That looks pretty easy to put together. Thanks for sharing!
Pickleball Portal says
Those are really creative and useful solutions. I love the shoot-score pallet for hockey sticks!!
Used Sports Equipment says
Play it Again Sports offers new and used sporting equipment for all seasons. Recycle and upgrade your sporting goods, specializing in school sports equipment. Best quality at prices that suit your needs!
Afton Jackson says
I absolutely loved your ideas on how to store sports equipment especially the method to storing balls properly. My family loves sports, but there are sadly some times in the year where we just can’t play as much as we want to. We were looking to chip in and pay for a place that can help us keep them stored until we need them, so we’ll definitely follow your tips as soon as we get a self-storage unit that can tuck away all our sports equipment.
Richard Jenkins says
Amazing tips! Currently we are repainting our garage and will take these tips with me when we are reorganizing everything!