Housecleaning is never much fun, but there are apps that will leave you slightly less dismayed about clearing the clutter and mopping the floors. These housecleaning apps range in price, and all of them have their unique set of pros and cons.
So, the next time you are dreading scrubbing the toilet, consider downloading one of these best apps to help with housecleaning!
The Best Housecleaning Apps
- FlyLady App Messenger
Available for: iOS 8.0 and up
What it is: The Official FlyLady App Messenger brings the FlyLady system right to your phone or iPad. It includes all of the zones, reminders, daily focuses, and habits that are the basis of the cleaning system. Users are encouraged to delete the notifications after 24 hours as each is designed for the day it is sent.
- Have all of your favorite FlyLady tips and tricks right at your fingertips!
- It is streamlined and straightforward.
- It’s easy to let the messages pile up and create clutter on your phone.
- If you need more than the reminders, you will still have to visit the website or read your daily email.
- It has not been recently updated (as of July 2019), and users may experience bugs.
If you would like even more details about how the Flylady App works check out
- Our Home
Available for: iOS 9.0 and up, Android
What it is: Keep your family organized and motivated with the Our Home app. The app allows families to assign chores, view personal progress, add items to a grocery list, add activities and events to a shared calendar, set reminders, and send messages. It syncs across unlimited devices so that everyone can be a part of the system.
- The app is designed to accommodate multiple users on both iOS and Android platforms.
- It is a catch-all for family events, shopping lists, chores, and information.
- It has a built-in rewards and goals capability to motivate family members to complete their assigned tasks.
- There are no ads or hidden costs.
- Your kids might need you to assign more chores because they are so excited about earning points. It is not really a con, but we had trouble thinking of one for this app!
Available for: iOS 10.0 and up, Android
What it is: Tody is a to-do list for your household cleaning routines. It lets you sort tasks based on need versus date and lets you be in control of your cleaning schedule. Designed for single or multiple users, Tody is easy for families to use together. The visual representation of how clean or dirty an area of the house is makes organizing your cleaning routine effortless.
- The app can be used with multiple family members and professional house cleaners.
- It is easy to set-up and use.
- The user is in control of the schedule.
- The visual representation of the cleanliness of areas makes it easy to know what to clean next.
- This is a paid app compared to others that are free and do very similar types of tasks.
- There are no notifications to see what other family members have completed, moved, or deleted.
- Family Dad Chores
Available for: iOS 12.0 and up
Cost: $3.49/month or $19.99/year
What it is: With the focus on working together as a family, the Family Dad Chores app uses positive reinforcement to encourage kids to complete their chores the right way. Parents can assign chores, points, and rewards for completed tasks. The tasks can also be broken down into checklists so that kids can complete each item. For example, the “Clean the bathroom” chore can have a list that includes “Wipe down the sink” and “Scrub toilet.” The more specific parents are with their expectations of how something should be done, the more likely kids are to complete it right the first time.
- The checklist feature below the main chore is beneficial and can be customized to your expectations.
- The app can be shared with up to six users.
- Parents can assign point values for chores and the rewards associated with each.
- Syncs across multiple devices so that everyone can stay up to date.
- Can be passcode protected.
- There are no ads in the app.
- Compared to other apps, the Family Dad Chores app is pricey. There is a free trial to decide if it is a system that will work for your family, but after the trial period, the cost goes to $3.49/month or $19.99/year.
Housecleaning and chores can finally take a back seat in the stress and worry of your life with the apps above. Your family will be more motivated to complete their assigned tasks, and your house will be cleaner in no time! And, if all else fails, there are also plenty of apps to help you find a cleaning person in your area.
Other Posts You Will Like:
Like it? Pin it.