This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FudgeCoveredFun #StayPlayful #CollectiveBias
When things get tough in motherhood it feels like the days last forever and every day is the same. I know it sometimes feels like why bother doing the dishes, they are just going to be a new sink full in a couple of hours. This is when I know I am in burnout and need to spice things up.
One thing that productivity coaches always teach is to break things into small tasks and make sure to reward yourself for completing them.
A great example today is that I need to get our front porch ready for spring. I do not have a green thumb so planting flowers is a chore that I have been avoiding. I used some of the experts methods to get myself motivated to take action.
First, I purchased my supplies and got to work planting my flowers.
Then comes the reward. I love anything with chocolate.
The new Fudge Covered OREO cookies and Fudge Covered Nutter Butter cookies were the perfect treat.
Ha…a mom can’t just relax with chocolate. It’s like they have cookie radar and can detect when a box of cookies is opened within a mile.
OK, I shared.
For some reason we have a difficult time treating ourselves. I have come up with a list of small ways to reward yourself for a job well done.
6 Ways for Moms to Stay Motivated and Productive
1. Have a Treat – I am completely motivated by snacks. If I have a big deadline, I will tell myself if I finish before a certain time I get a treat. I tried the Fudge Covered OREO cookies and Fudge Covered Nutter Butter cookies and they really hit the spot. The extra fudge really took these to another level. I will get even my most difficult tasks done quickly to reward myself with one of these cookies. Luckily my Harris Teeter carries them.
They also have a coupon available for the Harris Teeter e-VIC users. Head to Harris Teeter and click on their coupon form.
There is a Save $0.50 when you buy ONE (1) box of OREO or NUTTER BUTTER Fudge Covered (7.9 oz.). This runs from 4/1/2019 to 4/30/2019 and the expiration date of the coupon is 5/15/2019.
Look for the cookie aisle
2. Make a fancy coffee/drink – Take the time to sip a hot drink or to make something different from water. When it is in a nice mug it makes you take your time and relax.
3. Read a chapter of a fiction book – Don’t cheat and make it a parenting book. You deserve a real escape. I feel very refreshed when I take the time to actually read a book.
4. Meet up with friends – even if you have to pick a time a couple of weeks away…get it on the calendar. I find if we don’t just book something then months slip by. If we take the time to get something on the calendar then we are so glad when that dates come up and we get together.
5. Buy a pretty notepad – Are you a list maker? A new notepad can make you motivated to get productive and want to check things off. Even a new planner is fun.
6. Get out of the house – Make a set time that you need to finish your morning work and then go somewhere. Go visit a bookstore or take the kids to do something you want to do such as a stroller walk through a historic part of your town. Mix it up and make sure it includes something you would like to see.
The productivity coaches are right. If you break everything into small tasks and have a reward for yourself then you will get things done.
Right now I need to fold the laundry mountain that has formed on my couch. My reward will be another cookie. 🙂
Don’t forget to use the coupon to try these amazing cookies.
Like it? Pin it.