These hilarious mom lies help me realize I’m not the only one that tells them.
Sometimes we all just need to get through the day with our kids and a small lie helps. Whether it’s “the ice cream shop is closed” or “Santa is watching” we’ve all done it.
My fellow moms have some extra funny and genius mom lies that help them get thru the day. I’m surprised at the brilliance and how quick kids will follow along. I especially love the New Years Eve trick and may use that myself!
50+ Funny Mom Lies
- When my daughter was younger, I told her every meat was chicken as it was the only way to get her to eat it. I didn’t realize until about a year ago that I never specifically corrected her when I heard her ask to have “That ham chicken” for dinner. She’s 15.
2. Told my kid if the ice cream truck is playing music it means they’re out of ice cream
3. Calamari are chicken nugget rings… he loves them
4. We had a rule when they were young that they couldn’t come out of their rooms until the clock had an 8 as the first number. I changed their clocks to be about 15-20 minutes slower so they weren’t actually coming out until about 8:15/8:20. It doesn’t seem like much, but those extra minutes were really helpful for me.
5. Put an air tag on my 3 year old’s shoe to be able to track him but told him it let us see how fast he can run so he wouldn’t take it off.