We all feel like the worst moms at times. With all the small details we need to remember and all the tasks we need to handle there will always be things that fall thru the cracks and are forgotten. I have mom fails all the time but sometimes it take a couple days or weeks for me to see the humor in these situations.
What makes me feel instantly better is hearing that other moms are in the same boat and we all have our crazy moments. Here are other moms confessions of their funny mom fails that are sure to make you laugh.
Hilarious Mom Fails That We Can All Laugh About
- I had adorable personalized cupcakes made for my son’s second birthday at daycare. And accidentally had his brother’s name put on them accidentally.
- I fed my son Arrabiata Sauce instead of Marinara Sauce (misread the jar ,) he said it was spicy. I insisted it was not. He drank a gallon of water with dinner and peed his bed.
3 When my kids were still in rear facing car seats, I’d go through the Chic-fil-a drive thru and order them kids meals and quietly ask CFA to trade out the toy for ice cream. Then while they ate their meals in the back seat, I’d eat the ice cream in the front seat where they couldn’t see me.
4. We were half way to school (20 minute drive) my son said “I have bad news Mom, I’m only wearing one shoe”. I replied “I have some bad news, you are going to have to hop along, Hop Along because I have a client to meet.” Pretty sure they are still talking about me at that school
5. My husband drove my 4 year old to school without pants on! In NH! My son was like daddy, you know I have no pants on… my husband even put him in his 5 point harness… and didn’t notice he had no pants on
6. I had a laundry basket full of missing kid socks and I just threw them all in the trash since I could never find the matches.
7. My kid lost a tooth on Christmas Day. Grandma put it in a ziplock to save for bedtime. I’m pretty sure left overs were put in that ziplock. So when we were looking all over for the tooth, I painted a popcorn kernel and called it a day. Never did find who I sent the tooth home with in the leftovers.52. My youngest woke up one morning and said her shoulder hurt. She was in karate with lots of push ups, she hadn’t fallen or bumped into anyone. I kept telling her she slept on it wrong. After a week, I said “Fine, let’s go to the doctor and waste money” She had a fracture and to this day we don’t know how. Of course when he said “she has a small fracture blah blah blah” she yells “told ya!” Big mom fail.
8. I’ve taken my kids gift cards they have received from grandparents or birthdays and regifted them to THEIR friends for birthdays when I didn’t have time to run out to Target.
9. When my daughter was younger, I told her every meat was chicken as it was the only way to get her to eat it. I didn’t realize until about a year ago that I never specifically corrected her when I heard her ask to have “That ham chicken” for dinner. She’s 15.
10. Sent my daughter to the bus stop on a day there was no school. She came home 30 minutes later and said someone yelled out their car window as they were driving by “hey there is no school today” oops
11. Forgetting to move the damn elf…”guess he didn’t think you were on your best behavior yesterday”
12. Walked my daughter to school when she was in Kindergarten and didn’t see any other parents and thought she was late. I told her to hurry inside. I went home and about 20 minutes later she is knocking at the door. I had forgotten that it was a no school day due to parent teacher meetings. She still hasn’t let me forget it.
13. I told my son that the cameras in the school cafeteria were parent portals so mom and dad could see if he ate his fruits and veggies. I also told my son that all drugs have been contaminated with nuts (he has a nut allergy).
14. Every night, my boys ask me to come check on them 30 minutes after bedtime. They calculate the time I will be back. They have been asking every night for 3+ years. Not once have I come back to check. If they ask, I always insist that I did but that they didn’t remember because they were asleep.
15. My daughter sometimes has an issue going number 2 so I told her Miralax was sugar and she just needs her sugar water to help her go
RELATED POST: 50+ Hilarious Mom Lies. These Are Good!
16. Got my 2 girls fully decked out in their Halloween costumes, face paint and all, to go to Trunk-or-Treat the weekend before Halloween. Turns out, it was the following weekend
17. Also told my kids if the car “dings” more than 3 times because of the passenger seatbelt warning, the car automatically alerts the police. It’s been about 5 years and they still believe it.
18. I also used to play a game at dinner with my oldest to convince him I was psychic. He’d tell a number to my husband and I’d have to guess the number . My husband would tap my foot the number of times needed under the table so I never missed a guess. He is 25 now and says he never bothered to lie to me because I was psychic.
19. I accidentally killed my daughters fish. The next day while she was at school I bought her another one without telling her. She said when she got home from school, “Wow! Flutter got big!”Yes baby! She sure did!!! She still knows nothing!
20. I told my kids and they still totally believe that only Daddy’s and kids toot…Mommy’s don’t toot.
21. My kids have had a melt down at 7am and I gave in and allowed them to eat ice cream for breakfast!
22. Somehow mine has lived to be 32. I lost him once at Belk. Security came, police, the works. Apparently, I didn’t know we were still in a game of hide and seek. He was hiding in a round rack of clothes…. For 30 minutes.
23. I used to “buy him everything he wanted”. I’d tell the cashier to bag the items separately, then I’d return them all. I did what I had to do to keep him quiet in a store. Sometimes I’d hand her the item and whisper not to ring it up, or to fake putting them in the bag.
24. He escaped in the wee hours of the morning not once, but twice. After that we had to buy double dead bolts for the doors and hide the keys. He’d pull up a chair and unlock the front door and wander the neighborhood at 5am. He was 3. We hung fake keys on the holder to let him occupy time if he got up at that hour. One morning we peeked out the bedroom and watched him for almost all hour try to get that lock open with those keys.
25. My son insisted on bringing his wallet to Costco. He’s not exactly a responsible one. We got pizza on the way out. Sat and ate. Got up and he walked away. His wallet, and all of his money, was on the table. I grabbed it. He still thinks it’s gone. “Oh well, I’ll get more money eventually.” He’s not exactly easy to teach life lessons.
26. My daughters fish bowl got knocked over by one of her cats when we were on vacation. Had my friend who was checking on the animals, take the fish tank home with her and once we got back from vacation…I replaced the fish. She didn’t find out until last year…7 years after the fact.