Are you having to shake and shake and shake in order to get the lumps out of the formula? Or are you like me and you have twins who are formula fed and you need a lot of formula at once? I want to share my recent journey to find an easy way to mix formula. I had no idea there are this many new inventions for formula fed babies.
Welcome to the world of formula mixers. It is amazing how many new inventions for babies that come to market every year. I need to get with the program and come up with my own invention.
5 New Mixers for Baby Formula
1. Prince Lionheart Versa Formula Mixer – This think is like an immersion blender for your bottle. A pretty cool idea. It even comes with a bonus espresso wand which sorta cracks me up. Hey, I guess anyone with a baby using formula also could you some extra caffeine, right? I can actually see how this would work pretty well. Best when your baby is drinking over 6 oz of formula at a time.
2. Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker – For the really high-tech mom. I love that it has your baby’s formula come out at just the right temperature. Sounds a little complicated but once you figure out it out it would be so easy to just fill up your bottle whenever your little one is hungry. A great baby gift for the parents that have it all.
3. Dr. Brown’s Formula Mixing Pitcher – I used this one for my twins. I used to make my formula for the entire day at one time. It was so much easier to keep this in the refrigerator than shaking a million bottles a day. I liked the mixing blade and if you keep the blade/spinner below the formula line the amount of air bubbles is minimal while you are removing all the powder clumps.
4. Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle – I love the video of how this works. It looks fun. Baby’s can be picky about which type of bottle they use so I would try these out before just taking one on the road with you.
5. Wire Whisk Mixing Balls – These mixing balls are popular in the protein shake world and I can see why they are moving over to the baby formula market. These will make mixing the formula quicker and less clumpy.
Overall these are some fun ideas to take the hassle of shaking the bottle to mix the powder and water. Have you used any of these fun products? I would love to hear.
Like it? Pin it!
Heather @ Country Life, City Wife says
My stepdaughter breast feeds, but should she ever need formula I will show this to her.
No clumps at all if you microwave the 6oz water for 30sec first, shaking the formula in a bottle of warm water = no clumps at all 😉
That’s exactly what I do
robin Rue says
Oh wow, these are so cool. I used to just mix It right inside the baby bottle 🙂
I have honestly, never used formula. I would probably find it intimidating if I made the switch lol. That baby breeza reminds me of a kureg for formula. It seems very handy.
It does look like a Keurig.
Janel Berchielli says
Wow look at all the cool gadgets they have out now adays. I certainly could have used this 20 years ago with my first baby.
I know! Isn’t it amazing how many new gadgets they come up with!
You are correct, I have never seen these before. I never feed any of my kiddos formula, so I am a bit clueless when it comes to anything to do with formula at all.
Terri Steffes says
I’m into the one that looks like a Keurig! That is awesome. Nothing like that for when my baby was little. I used a wire whisk.
Great ideas that seem more effective than just shaking the bottle!
Di Hickman says
Wow amazing the cool equipment and tools they have now to help people during this hectic time. I can only imagine what a time saver this would be!
I’ve seen those wire whisking balls in blender bottles for people who use it for their protein powders! I wonder if it’s the same idea?
Yes, it is the same idea. I bet they repackaged the same ones with different labels. One for protein shakes and one for baby formula. 🙂
I could’ve used these a year ago when I had my little one! I spent so much time mixing formula, it’s crazy!
Where were these ideas when I had little babies? These are great! Maybe for grandbabies, not any time soon though.
This so incredibly useful for moms who formula feed! My first two were on formula for a little while. Wish I’d had these back then!
These are so interesting! I always would just shake the formula in the bottle ?
I have done tons of shaking. 🙂
As a non mom I can’t really throw in my cent of advice however I have shared this with my friend who has a baby so I’m sure she will find it interesting to read!:) x
Courteney Noonan says
I’m not a parent yet so it’s good that I read this in advance. I didn’t actually know most of these ways – thank you 🙂
I had no idea that so many tools existed to mix formula! How great that formula feeding parents have so many options!
I have a Brezza and it’s my best friend! If you love someone, buy them a Brezza.
That’s awesome! I would love to see how it works. 🙂
Jennifer (JenuineMom) says
I am a fan of the simple things, like those wire whisking balls. Super simple, but very effective.
These are some pretty nifty ideas! I’m currently expecting my third child, so I’ll have to keep these ideas in mind for the future. Thank you for sharing!
Cecilia Cannon says
oh my gosh! this is nuts. When I was having babies it was just shake it but I can see how having this might be great for new moms!
Rachel @ Kitchen Cents says
Who knew there were so many ways to make or mix a formula bottle. I have an 8-month-old and am in the middle of the making formula bottle stage.
Chelsea Damon says
I think the wire wisking balls would work great. They’d also be fun for my son if I asked him to help shake up the formula for me!
I love how products change for the better to help moms do the best they can for baby. I don’t remember seeing any of these products when my girls were little. These look like some great options.
Seems like a fun way to make life just a tad easier. Cool finds and I’m sure many people will find them very helpful!