There is nothing better than a game your child enjoys playing by themselves.
Whether you have an only child or lots of time with just one child in the waiting room while the other child is doing their sport or lessons, having single player games for your child to play can help the wait go quickly. These are tested and loved by boy my kids and some friends of mine. Both of us have kids that have to wait for siblings at sports practices.
Ultimate List of Single Player Games
1.Logic Dots – ages 7+ – this is a logic puzzle that gives you a few clues on a card and you must figure out the puzzle.
2. Camelot Jr – age 3+ – this is an absolute favorite of my friends two boys. It is a 3D wooden puzzle and the object is to connect the prince and princess by a path.
3. Penguins on Ice – age 6+ – you must make every piece fit in the square but the object is to get the penguins in just the right spot.
4. Cool Circuits – age 8+ – solve the challenge by making a loop and it lights up. It has various levels of challenges.
5. Simon – a game from my childhood. Did everyone have this too? Now our kids can play this fun sequence game.
6. Etch a Sketch – age 3+ – another classic from our childhood. An awesome drawing toy where no batteries are needed…so another bonus is that it is a quiet activity.
7. Keva blocks – these blocks are great for boys like mine. My boys need a little direction in what to build and these give technical 2D drawings for them to try to recreate in 3D with the blocks. The drawings get more difficult as they master the tasks. Great for learning architecture and engineering.
8. Bop It – very similar to Simon but with different levers and pulls.
9. Rubik’s Cube – very old school but so easy to put in your purse to have on hand for an unexpected wait.
Your kids will be sure to get some enjoyment out of these games and the great bonus is that they are good for their brain too.
Like it? Pin it!