Did you know that you have access to hundreds of free workout videos on YouTube?!?! I put out a call to my friends to see if they knew of any free workout videos on YouTube that they could recommend. So many people responded and wanted to give me their opinion of their favorites that I was overwhelmed. Turns out that all of my friends have been using exercise videos on YouTube and I had no idea that we could have access to all of this for free!
After traveling a good bit this summer, my shorts are definitely feeling tight. I am super motivated right now to get back into the weight loss zone and using my tricks to lose a few pounds. It is way too hot to go outside which is my preferred method of exercising. I like to walk fast for 45 mins. It is my time to really zone out and think through what I want to do in life, with my kids and with my blog. But now I am trying out some of these exercise videos and wanted to share my thoughts.
There are tons of trainers with their own channels. Some of them even train celebrities and give you the same workout that the celebrities do to keep in shape. I also thought it would be a lot of “no name” trainers but you can actually access all of the famous ones like Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Billy Blanks, etc.
Guide to Free Exercise Videos on YouTube
- Fitness Blender – Kelly is the instructor. She is likable and I like her back story. Within the videos, I like that on the top left corner of the screen it tells you how long the video will be and whether you need any equipment. Also, I love that a lot of her videos have a timer on the side so that when she says to do an exercise for 20 seconds you can watch the clock to see how much longer. It helps me to know how much longer to do the lunges if I can see there are only 5 seconds left on the clock I am likely to keep trying. The one negative that I thought was strange was that she has no music playing. It is weird to workout in silence so I just play my own music. I wrote a post about how to find the right beats per minute (bpm) music to keep pace for a workout if you haven’t heard of bpm. Overall 3 different friends recommended this YouTube Channel so it gets high reviews with my Mom buddies and with me.
- PopSugar – There are 3 people in the videos. Usually one person is showing how to modify the exercises to make it easier. There is a main host but a lot of videos have guest celebrity trainers which is a lot of fun. For example, there was a trainer who trains Taylor Swift and was showing Taylor’s favorite workout. Because of the various celebrity trainers as guests the workouts are varied in type and length.
- Tone It Up! – Karena and Katrina are the trainers and they are fun and I really enjoy watching them. I even get sucked into their other videos such as make up tips and Wine Up Wednesday where they take questions. They seem like fun girlfriends that you would want to hang out and have a drink. You can sign up for their daily workouts to be emailed to your inbox. Some girlfriends have a group text going on to hold each other accountable for completing the workout at some point during the day. This is an awesome idea to do with friends. If I feel like someone is going to care that I finish then I am more likely to do it. I can’t believe I have never seen K & K before because they seem like they should become pretty famous as they are so fun and likable.
- BeFit – This channel has lots of various famous trainers. You can access videos by Jillian Michael 30 day Shred, Billy Blanks, Denise Austin, etc. Basically this is where you go to have access to dance, kickboxing, yoga or anything your heart desires. There are also a lot of different videos talking about food and health. This is a one stop shop for a huge variety of videos and health tips.
- Blogilates – 10 – 30 minute Pop Pilates videos. I love Pilates and feel like it is an awesome workout for my body. In these videos you hold the poses to the beat of the music which makes it different and unique. It makes things seem to go faster. Also, this means there is good music. Specifically, my favorite video is the Total Body Pilates/PopPilates.
- Jessica Smith TV – focus is on power walking and low impact workout. I like her but the set is pretty depressing. Looks like she just moved her couch over to do this in her living room so I wish the lighting was better and brighter. I included her because even though the set isn’t very inspiring the workouts are something everyone can do.
- Betty Rocker – The instructor definitely has a rocker vibe just like her name. Lots of tattoos and seems like a very New York style apartment. Her videos are more advanced so I personally couldn’t keep up but if you workout regularly this is a good one to get to the next level.
I feel like I have a million links in this post. I want you to be able to easily find these videos and I hope my description of each channel helps you narrow down which ones will work for you.
Sometimes the weather just doesn’t cooperate for a walk outside. These free videos are a great alternative. They also work well for when my youngest is home. My little girl doesn’t mind at all when I put on a video for a little bit to work out. She will even do it with me for a minute and then will play next to me with her own toys.
Let me know if you have any favorites that I should add to this list. If you like this YouTube Guide you may also like my Ultimate Guide to Kids YouTube Channels. Have fun!
Like it? Pin it!