Why do we have 3 doll strollers in here? Plus, 10+ dolls and all the accessories. The toys are getting out of control.
The problem is also that I don’t want to discourage my daughter from playing pretend. I am not a super creative mom so it is one of my greatest joys to see her pretend playing with her dolls.
If I am not going to get rid of them, then I need to search the internet for ideas to organize this mess. Plus, all the studies show that when kids see less visual clutter they play with their toys more often.
I am all about easy and quick fixes that I can mainly order on Amazon Prime. I already have a list of things for my husband to fix and build for us so I don’t need to add to his list.
Quick and Easy Toy Organization Ideas
1.Store the play kitchen accessories – My kids love our play kitchen but all the food, pans and accessories can get out of control.
via Krystie Johnson
2. Under Bed AG Doll Storage – these shoe organizers are perfect for the kids to put away the Barbies and accessories all by themselves. It is an extra bonus when even the organizer itself is hidden.
via Serenity Now
3. Hanging Organizer for Games – I have learned the hard way that I can’t store a lot of games stacked on top of one another. If they want one in the middle the whole stack comes tumbling down. This hanging organizer in the closet fits about 3 -4 per pocket and makes the games easy to see and access. This means the kids will play with them more often.
4. Over Door Shoe Organizers – Here are more ways to use the space behind the kids closet doors. I am purchasing some of these organizers with clear pockets today so we can see what is in each pocket.
Perfect for Stuffed Animals
Perfect for Barbies
5. Nerf Gun Wall – When boys get a little older the collection of Nerf guns gets large. When they outgrow storing them in a basket here is a cute idea.
6. Lego Set Storage – I wish I had started storing our sets with these clear containers from the beginning. We would have played with each set more often and had enjoyed building over and over.
7. Make Storage Cubes into the Play Area – This is where I know I don’t have a creative brain. I would have just set the storage cube system against the wall but if you make space behind it you create a whole new play area. The storage cube can also be the restaurant counter. Brilliant!
via The Mamas Girls
8. Riding Toy Organization in the Garage – For the men…such a fun way to show the kids where each toy needs to be parked. My boys love parking cars. This turns clean up time into fun time.
I am excited to get to work organizing and purging our play area.
If you are interested in pantry organizing hacks see 8 Easy Ways to Organize Your Pantry .
Like it? Pin it!